View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #53
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny of KC View Post
I am not sure I am posting this correctly, but I could sure use some help. I have had my Cameo a few months but don't have tons of time to use it. I am trying to figure out a couple of things. First I tried to use the offset to do a shadow or blackout and didn't seem to get it right. What I want is to cut out a phrase or word and then cut it out slightly larger in another darker color, to go behind it, to make it stand out. When i did it, it cut out the word in the inside area too.. If this makes sense. Not sure how to describe this.

Also, i purchased a set of three baby phrases, then I ungrouped them because i only want to cut out one. But the problem i keep having is that it also ungroups all of the little pieces it cuts out for each one so I then can't move them around because the little pieces have to be all moved individually, so it takes a long time and I can't get those little pieces back exactly where they should be.

My apologies if I am not posting this correctly. Thanks, I have already found some great info on here!
I'm going to make the assumption that each element is its own compound path, so what you need to do is select everything (ctrl A) and then right click and select release compound path. You should end up with each part of the design in their own groups. In order to get the mat (or black out I think its called in Cricut terminology) for your phrase, select your phrase, then use the offset and set it to however much larger than your phrase you want. Once you have it where you want it, then click apply. You will then need to move your original design off the cutting mat area or select it to not cut from the cut style window.

If you need anymore help, let us know and someone will step in...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!