View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #100
tinkerbell62
Glitter Queen

Default Spellbinders Lawsuit dismissed

After finding this on searching for Marianne dies, I decided to look for any additional info on it. Just thought I would post/update the findings of the SB lawsuit. It was thrown out and the judge didn't paint a nice picture of the owners. This is very sad for me as I love their dies. I won't stop purchasing them, but I sure don't think much of the owners at this point. What they did was plain wrong and they even got others such as Gina K involved. Here's the link to the official court document:
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal...?ts=1352877895

This is what the judge had to say:
Moreover, Plaintiffs’ pattern of deception and discovery abuse make it impossible to conduct a trial with any reasonable assurance that the truth will be available. See Anheuser-Busch, 69 F.3d at 352.
Therefore, QuicKutz’s Motion for Terminating Sanctions Based on Discovery
Abuse (Doc. 164) will be granted, dismissing this action with prejudice under the Court’s inherent power as remedy for alleged discovery misconduct by Plaintiffs. (can be found on page 28, line 13).

I think there were 10 mentions of Gina K and the first one was on page 9, line 33 which is when QuicKutz contended that she had a financial relationship with SB.

It is a very good read, but sad to see and difficult to understand why SB would do this when they enjoyed so much success. Why risk it?

Last edited by tinkerbell62; 01-31-2013 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: add additional info
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!