View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
basketballmom
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Md View Post
I feel for our Canadian neighbors and other-country friends and their having to pay so much more than those of us in the US. However, I don't think all of this is SU!'s idea. The Canadian government charges a Goods and Services Tax, and at least some of the provinces charge their own taxes on imported goods. The company may also include an amount for faster shipping as sometimes things can get bogged down at the border. I suspect SU! takes all these fees into consideration and rolls them into their Canadian pricing. Has anyone asked how SU! arrives at its foreign prices?
It has been asked.
It is described as 'the cost of doing business in Canada'. Part of that is translation - catalogues, notices must be in French and English, and the extra printing costs of that. It's also the foreign exchange risk - not so much where the dollars are now, but the potential for change. I'm sure there are other implications for doing business in Canada. Like different corporate taxes on Canadian income maybe?

I've spent time talking to both the Chief Financial Officer of SU! and the Canadian Manager - and have come away believing that they are not out to 'get' Canadians or any other country, but are doing their best to make SU! a great company in all countries.

It can be frustrating when I see the difference in prices. But I enjoy being a demo, I enjoy SU! products, so I buy what I enjoy! And I'm thankful for those who support my small business by purchasing SU! from me. (or other demos!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!