View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too busy lady View Post
I purchased sets of mini alphabet stamps at my local Wal-Mart. I thought they would be great for adding script to my cards. However, I am finding it difficult to line the stamps up properly, especially for long words like "anniversary". These are on wooden blocks, so I can't see through to align them like I do with my clear stamps. In desperation, I laid down a wide strip of painter's tape, sticky side up. I lined up my stamps on it, then wrapped the excess back around the stamps to totally enclose them. This worked fairly well for short words, but was not rigid enough for the long words. Next time I am going to try to add a small strip of wood and see if it works better.
I would really appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has found a better way to use these stamps. Thank you so much
I finally found a set of tiny clear alphabet stamps. Before that I had some wooden mounted ones like you. I had fits trying to line them up right. I usually just went for the "I did this on purpose" wonky alignment, but wasn't too happy with it.

I was on the hunt for a long time for some clear ones, but you know, after I got them, I've hardly used them...I think they are trouble to align, even though they are clear, and my block has a grid line.

Now, I use my printer to print sentiments that I don't have a stamp for, then cut it out, mat it with my nesties and call it good!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!