View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
Rebecca Ednie
Insane Embellisher
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mt Albert, north of Toronto, Ontario, Can
Posts: 782

Originally Posted by cjzim View Post
Nancy, what is a glass dip pen? I have Opaque White and have just been using a tiny watercolor brush when I use it, but would love to be able to write with it.
A glass dip pen is like an old fashioned metal nibbed pen that was used with liquid ink in ink wells before ball point pens were invented except its made of glass. It is one piece, the barrel and nib being blown together. the tip has usually got a spiral grooved pattern to hold the ink when you dip it.

You can find them at gift stores and fine stationers like Victorian Papers. Mine doesn't work vey well but dip pens are great if you find one that does. I had a unique metal one with an Eiifel tower shaped nib and it wrote beautifully. Until my son knocked it on the floor and one half of the tip got caught in the carpet Fibres and he broke it when he picked it up. Still sad about that. I loved writing with it. They aren't that expensive or you can use a fine calligraphy pen that used cartridges but dip it instead if you'd like. Doesn't everyone have a calligraphy kit hanging around somewhere?! Lol!
Rebecca Ednie
Live Well, Laugh often, Love much
Rebecca Ednie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote