Thread: No More Drama
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #11157
vikkijo
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default Thankful i am a hillbilly now

You iron way too much!
The only thing my iron touches is fabric before sewing (that doesn't happen often either) and doing the wax paper resist on a card! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerriannb View Post
Hi Girls,

We have had an interesting weekend. Browny has been about 5 hours away since Friday. There was a bit of rain at the mine site and they wouldn't unload the trucks. No real drama as we get hourly hire until he is unloaded. He got a motel and was fine. "We had heaps more rain here and there were flood warnings all over the place. The local river peaked yesterday evening and was 5 metres lower than 2 years ago. We lost electricity from Saturday night until last night. Sent Bug and a mate to get the ute from the yard and the generator. Browny kept calling because he was hearing things about ther being dramas - most of what he heard wa exaggerated, so it just annoyed me. There was water in the yard of Peta and Des' house here in town, but it didn't get anywhere near the house. The land lines were b asically all not working, so there was only mobile coverage. Bundaberg, which is about 5 hours away on the coast is having issues like Ipswich and Bisbane had 2 years ago. It is a disaster area apparently.
Anyway, Browny is stll away because the road is closed in several spots between here and where he is. He got unloaded today and we are h oping that he will get home tomorrow.
I did lots of reading and not much else. There isn;t a lot you can do when it pours rain and have no power. Walking to the neighbours was a journey as the ground is soooo wet.
But, the power is back on, the sun has been shining and the washing is up to date. The ironing is horrendous, but you get that.There are still a lot of road closures and bridges that are out, but as we really don't need to be anywhere it isn't a problem. Most of the local schools were meant to start back today - most of them didn't because of the issues.
Hope you are all well and warm.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!