View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #114
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

I order on line all the time and I have not had problems. I can't recall any company that I have ordered from charging my CC before they even have the merchandise.

This my own fault that I will never repeat. I read the notice on the Web site that they charge the CC at the time for the pre-order. However at that time the ship date from WE R Memory Keepers was late January to first part of February. So I though that was fine
Then when the ship date was pushed to late March first of April I figured that they had not anticipated the popularity and were not prepared so I thought OK.
It was when I realized large order firms were getting their orders while the ship date for the small shops was being pushed farther and farther into the future that I was turned off by such a practice and asked to cancel it .

However I was also turned off by the idea the store can't cancel an order and refund the money because it is too much work to change their inventory , etc, but they can let you buy something else which will result in the same inventory adjustment on the original item that was ordered.

It was the first order I places with this company. I got a long dissertation on reason for refusing a cancellation , because they work long hours and it takes too much time to change their inventory and spread sheets =blah blah blah. Also that they pay 3% to the CC, but I felt that was their choice not mine to charge the CC before they had the merchandise

She said I checked the box that I read their policy on order changes when I ordered the product so I have no recourse with my CC either. Which is probably true. If I never get it I am just dropping it and will consider it a learning experience.

The ship date "may" have been pushed again, because in the email I got she said shipping between March and ( now) May