View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #45
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf View Post
I saw the mention above of adding fonts- you may already have thought of this, but there are a lot of 'dingbat' fonts out there, that is, picture type fonts. I have gathered up loads of these, which have flourishes, keys, clocks etc in place of letters, which you can also then cut out on the Silhouette.
Try these:
dafont
Urban fonts
1001fonts
fontspace
pickafont
Iconianfonts
dingbat depot
All these have hundreds of free fonts, safe sites (I use them all the time).
Just download, install and have hours of free fun, lol.
I love using dingbat fonts. I use them to cut all the time as well as using them as digi stamps. I want to suggest again that you not install a whole bunch of fonts on your computer. It will slow down the start up since it has to load all of them into memory when your computer starts. It also uses up your virtual memory and can slow down or prevent other programs from running if you have too many. There are free font managers that you can download (I use Font Viewer) that allow you to temporarily install a font and once you shut down your computer releases it from memory. Another trick you can use is to simply open the font file (double click) and that temporarily makes the font available for use in programs. It will only be available while its open so if you are using it in a document that you will need to open later, then you will need to install the font.

Just some tricks I've learned along the way....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!