View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #271
normat
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

Good morning everyone. Funny old day out there today. The rain has eased up but it is still a little bleak looking. A few bright spots on the horizon, so there is hope that we will have a semi-nice day yet. Going to see my mum today. Since her hip break last spring she has slowly began the decline in body strength and her mental state. Conversations of any significance have declined to repeats several times over during our visits. Considering her 91 years, she has done very well and she tries so hard to keep things on a level keel. We just have to convince her that she has to give up walking as it is becoming more detrimental to her well being. She told me the other day, that she has to stop hitting her head when she falls because that can't be healthy. I had to laugh because her poor face has been many colours of the rainbow this past year. We have to shake our heads. Even the staff at the home have said she has the hardest head. But it is still a worry, none the less and I think it is beginning to sink in with herself as well. She is more nervous now and needs more reassurance in all things. But she is already making her plans for next Christmas. So she still has the will. She just needs to find the way. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!