View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #159
happigirlcorgi
Matboard Maniac

Deborah,
I can totally relate... I had some traumatic stuff happen in our family a few years ago, which interestingly coincided with me completely stopping scrapbooking. (Makes sense, doesn't it?)
My live and the lives of my family have been in flux until fairly recently, but I have been cardmaking as a way to relax and de stress. I also discovered a local store that teaches a friday card class for $5, and that is where I have developed an absolute adoration of cardmaking. The plus is, my abilities have also expanded. I am not a particularly creative person - my cards are VERY straightforward and simple. (Look at my gallery for the evidence of that) But in taking the class, I am learning new techniques and methods. It's also a kick to see how even though everyone on the class is making the same card, we all do it just a little bit differently.
As you begin to develop your abilities, allow yourself to mess up! I learn so much better that way! I think the challenge layouts are a terrific goal, and I hope they give you your confidence and joy in cardmaking back. Good Luck!

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!