View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #158
mommyto3
Matboard Maniac

I posted one goal I had on here, but swldebbie's story reminded me of 2 more that I really hope to do this year.

1. I hope to completely restore my love of stamping. I was crazy in love with stamping until a year ago from today. My father died Jan 26 of last year. When that happened, all I was making was thank you cards for the acts of sympathetic gestures everyone had made to my family and me. I started doing that a couple of days past his death. After that, it made me sick to even think of stamping. I was completely, hopelessly in love with stamping until that day. From then on, stamping was associated with the pain of losing my father. I couldn't even walk by my stamp area without feeling physically and emotionally sick. I plan to totally recommit to my love and joy that stamping once offered.

2. I LOVE stamping, but I'm not creative. I case everything. I only send cards to family, friends, etc for thank yous, birthdays, sympathy, get well, etc... My serious, serious goal is to learn to create on my own. I want to take advantage of the challenge layouts (can't think of the actual term for that) and completely create my own. This will be very difficult, because I am seriously not creative even though I absolutely love to 'recreate'.