View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #102
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I agree that upsets me too. I remember in the videos I watched the date clearly said around the end of January or beginning of February. I wrote it down because my DH was going to get me the punch for Valentine's Day.

I have the flu so I sound grumpy but I am not. This will probably come out grumpy. I have seen many companies tech and crafting profile their products on HSN before releasing it to smaller stores. I have a friend who has a tech store was promised a release date on a product, started pre-orders and then the manufacturer turned around and sold the product on HSN before they sent the product to the smaller stores. I think it was an e-reader. I can't remember for sure. It was a few years back.
I agree, it does not seem fair at all for the smaller retailers (and those of us who shop with them).

Corporate profits seem to always win out these days. The manufacturer can make one huge shipment of thousands of its product to just the major seller, like HSN, get their money and be done with it. HSN frequently sells 10,000 and even more of something when it is promoted as a Today's Special.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!