View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Card Maker 01
Matboard Maniac

One thing to really consider is if the trays are stationary or if they have to be removed to change or replace paper. This is a nuisance, especially with a wide format printer.

I had a HP All-in-one G85 printer, scanner, copier, fax for years. It's a good thing I had an extended warranty as the on/off button stopped working (shortly after replacing the ink cartridges!). It was replaced with a refurbished unit. It had stationary trays. I used to manually feed in paper when doing doubled-sided printing, and frequently it would get creative in getting an edge caught and printing sentences over and over each other.

As I said, it worked for many years. All of a sudden, it made a horrendous screeching sound while the cartridges were in use. Apparently, it managed to cause a crack in the black ink cartridge and leaked some out onto my desk and covered the printing access (it would turn on but not print).

So I replaced it with a Epson WF-7510 wide format all-in-one. So far, for my needs (card-making, not photo printing), it works fine. B U T, that removable tray is a big nuisance (especially being over-sized) when printing double-sided sheets of paper and when adding labels for printing. I had done my research into wide format all-in-one printers, but no comments were ever made regarding the tray.

If you can get up close and personal with your choice, do so! See if there are any cons associated with it and if you can live with those...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!