View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #3199
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Just a quick post to say that ODS and I made it home safely. The concert today went really well, considering that the students had only about 6.5 hours of practice time for it.

One of the conductors made a remark about how wonderful and amazing it was that these students, most of whom didn't know each other before the weekend because they came from many different schools, came together with a common goal and joined together to make beautiful music. He said that a lot of adults have trouble working together to reach a common goal, and that he could think of 535 particular ones.

And you could tell the audience was thinking, "oh.... SNAP!"
Lulz! Sounds like an amazing weekend with amazing students. I saw your pictures of folks playing together in the hotel--must have been so much fun to see that and know what an amazing young man you've raised.

Glad you made it there and back safely and that everyone had such a special weekend. Those times really stay with you, don't they? I hope they do for ODS, too!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!