View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #39
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I downloaded it to my desktop and just removed the .jpg and replaced it with .gsd. I retyped it. I didn't know I needed a program to change it. It immediately opened in Silhouette Studio and I saved it to my Silhouette Library.

I will try the release compound path. If that works to ungroup them do I need to put compound path back after I move the pieces off the mat to cut later?
Thanks!
Barbara
Ok, now I see. Changing the extention doesn't actually change the file type (and doing this can actually corrupt your file). Silhouette Studio will open up jpg files, so that is why it opened without any problems. I don't understand though how you got cut lines showing up without first tracing the object if it was a jpeg file (are your certain it was a jpeg & not a svg file?).
At any rate, you won't need to put compound path back on for each piece as they will have cutting lines. If you plan on resizing the design, it will be a good idea to group them back together or put them back as a compound path so that you can maintain proportions when resizing.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!