View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #3297
Suzanne
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
The books are written and sent to my editor and proofreader(s). Once I get them back, then they're uploaded. Amazon does a cursory "potential error check" but otherwise, they don't do anything.

People sometimes do the "report error" thing through Kindle, but that's very ineffective because it rarely gets to me. Only certain types of errors ever get emailed, so I never know (if there ARE page numbers in the table of contents and someone says something, that'll get flagged and emailed. If there is a missing word, a misspelled word, whatever. Nope. So, emails directly to me are preferable because, of course, I want to correct whatever I know about.

I can't proof my own stuff. My brain knows what it thinks it wrote and forget it. It sees stuff that isn't there and doesn't see what is.
I was curious. I've come across it in some of yours and a couple of other authors too. Seems like most of the errors I'm seeing are either extra words or wrong words that make no sense in the sentence and occasionally a misspelling.

I never even thought about emailing anyone about them. *smacks head* Sorry guess I should have let you know when I saw them.

That makes sense about not editing your own.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!