View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
cobby
Crimping Master

Rachelrose I do agree with you. But then I wonder about how to go about proving that the design you taught in a class isn't something you saw somewhere else sometime. Not YOU personally.....but because there is SO MUCH SHARING of ideas, classes, etc. as I said in my post I think it's hard to pin down. And, to be perfectly honest, I'm thinking if someone wins say $100, or just a free product I wouldn't care as much but if they won $1000....then my level of "no big deal" becomes "HEY...wait just a darn minute"!! Not very logical I admit.

There would certainly always be a part of me that was "bugged" if this person wins something and passes off the design or idea as their own, never mentioning they saw it demonstrated at a class, or in my gallery. This is why I don't personally try to sell my cards or enter contests. I KNOW I can't claim any new ideas....I surf this site too much, go to classes, buy magazines and catalogs etc. There is always a little bit of "someone else" in all the cards I produce.

It's just a personal choice I make, and a personal choice I would make not to get too bugged if someone would win a county fair contest with a card design I showed them how to make. But as I said, I am certainly no angel, and if the prize were "big enough" I might have to say something. We've all got our own lines...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!