View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #3167
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Ha ha ha, okay just skip over it.

I will say I'll root for the 49ers but it's not that deep fan love that a lot of people have out here for the team. BFF2's family has had team tickets for like 25 years - and are being priced out of seats at the new stadium but that's another story - but she's a long time fan. I just moved here so I don't *really* care. At least I don't hate any of the local teams.

But yeah just glaze over sports posts. I doubt I'll be able to ignore it with every newcast starting off covering the team or the fun or the prep or the city or New Orleans or the weather - at least I've been to New Orleans even if it's been awhile - but I have some feel for where they are. I was even in the Superdome back in the 80s. Do they still have that or is there a new one?
I have such a huge whiskey tango foxtrot over the whole 'f the fans, there's money to be made here,' clamor for bigger stadiums. What, like they're not making billions already? I have to admit when a team does that I can't help hoping none of the seats in the glitzy new arena or stadium sell. Of course they will, though. But it stinks that BFF and her family got priced out after all those years.

I loved watching football with Dad and I'll always love the game but the degree to which folks have turned it into a giant revenue machine just sucks so much joy out of it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!