View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #3165
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
You are a wise woman. I learned to think ahead when I got married and no longer had a maintenance guy to call if something broke... and we lived in hurricane country! I got myself educated pretty quick. Since then it's become second nature.

My mom has fallen a few times and it has greatly affected her life at this point. If I learned anything, it's to err on the side of caution as I get older.
The falling parent situation is so tough. You want to respect parents' independence but it's so hard not to worry. With Dad it was so much harder because of the degree to which the evil Dr Merlot was involved.

I hope I'll be able to make the choice your Mom made while I can still go through stuff and handle giving things away to people who want it/care about it. I hope at that point I'll have people who do care in my life. I guess that's the scary thing about not having kids, although from what I saw when I volunteered at a nursing home in college, having kids is not necessarily a guarantee you'll have people there either.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!