View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #151
swldebbie
Hardware Hotshot

Can you believe that January is almost history? I think I blinked and almost missed it.

Have been a little slow in getting back into a normal rhythm after the holidays, but it feels like it's finally starting to come together.

Just reviewed my list of 2013 crafting goals to see how I'm doing. Overall, not too bad. I would have liked to have made some headway on each goal this month, but that didn't really happen. Still, I did make some progress.

1. I did meet my goal of participating in 2 CAS challenges during the month. I made this cuppie birthday card for a CAS-ual Friday "Long and Short" challenge and made this "mature cupid" card for an ATCAS "Hearts" challenge.

2. I didn't really make any thank you's this month, but, since I did write the thank you note and enclosed it, I am counting the sympathy card I made when my intended January recipient passed away unexpectedly. This week I got a real card (not what you get at the funeral home, but what you go out to the store and select) from Steven's parents with a very nice note of appreciation in it. I was touched that they would do this at such a difficult time for somebody they have never met.

3. Since my stamping MOJO was on the fritz for a good bit of the month, I made no progress in the goal to fill up the stash with everyday cards.

4. My local library helped me out with my goal to purge what I don't use (and use what I keep). They are having a "New to You" craft "sale" on Feb. 2. You donate the craft things you no longer use and can "shop" for craft items that are "new to you." It is really a swap as you pay for nothing. Admission is a non-perishable item for the local food bank. So I took a big bag of stamps and donated, along with some 6x6 pads that had me asking myself "What WAS I thinking when I bought this?" I also signed up for a 6x6 paper swap so my donation is going in the mail this week and I will hopefully get back some that I like and will use. My goal is that anything that hasn't been used or targeted for a project by 1 month after I receive my return swap, will be added to the donate pile.

So that is my progress so far. How are you doing with your 2013 craft goals? Did you do anything toward them? If not, are you still mentally on track to stick with them?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!