Thread: The Quackers!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #18252
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Maggie....sounds like a great conference! Would be interested in the Google Search info for Genealogy....sounds like something that would get me back into it again. I found an email from one of the relatives ages ago. One of those I just put in a file and forgot about it. It had some names....so, I looked them up on the Family Search website. Oh gosh....I was excited to find that info. I had never had any of that part of the family! It's stuff like that I get excited about again to do it! My aunt and cousin had given Deb 2 boxes of stuff on the family. She isn't doing it anymore....said that the computer bothered her these days (the aunt). I'm surprised the cousin (aunt's daughter) didn't take it on....they are living together now.
I just always use that little box at the top of my web browser to use Google for any kind of search, but if you go to Google, then you get the webpage for Google and you'll have the tools at the top of the page - Search, Images, Maps, etc. Put the name in, then the ~ sign and the word genealogy. That'll be a start. Will bring up all the genealogy records on that name. There was so much more. I'm hoping to write up my notes for this and the other classes I attended.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!