View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #2606
stampingkwilter
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamplady_13 View Post
Soooo....I don't know if I have shared the big news yet? My mom is moving back to MI!!!! She hasn't lived her since about 1980 (I typed 1908 at first.....whoa!) Since then she's lived in TX, MA, SC and FL. My grandma (her mom) needs more care and she can't find anything that meets her needs that's not God-awful or affordable enough. Plus she had a cardiac scare in the fall (ended up being stress from Grandma. heart is fine) and really got to thinking. She wants to live here by us! I am surprised and SO thrilled! I have been helping her research places for my grandma to live. I went and took a 2nd look at a place Friday afternoon and put in an application. My aunt (who took care of grandma for a while) just brought me over some papers re: SS/pension and mom will be faxing the Affordable Housing app to the facility Mon. She was thinking about April but now it looks like March 1st!!!! So excited.

So..a question....do any of you northerners (or cold climate folks) have Renaud's Phenomenon (poor circulation in extremities)? Any tips for surviving the cold weather? My mom has been known to wear mittens inside my brother's air-conditioned house.
My sister has to be very careful to ALWAYS wear warm gloves and socks when she is going outside. Also as much as she hates it a hat and scarf. Keeping her extremities covered and warm take precedence over fashion. You'll need to make her a quilt to cuddle with while on the couch or even riding in the car in winter.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!