View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #821
Miquey
Watercolor Wizard

Alexis is doing chores right now. She gets extra points when she does extra things like vacuumn and wash dishes. We set up an account on choremonster.com. You determine the chores, point values and rewards. It's rather neat. We have a bunch of "optional" items for Alexis but they don't say optional, so if she doesn't do them that day then I have to go in as the parent and skip that chore for the day. It does allow for multiple kids too so each child would have specific chores set-up for them along with appropriate rewards. We started it about a week ago and she's been so gung ho. Usually it's like pulling teeth to get her to do extra stuff (and sometimes her regular stuff). The rewards we set-up have varying point values. For example, 250 points she can get a book, 500 points a CD, 750 points go bowling, rollerskating, etc and so on. The biggest prize is to go to a Red Wings game. She said she's going to save up her points to earn that. It's a lot of points. I think she'll cave and use some of the points before then.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!