Thread: Marker storage
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #48
mobrien207
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to mobrien207

All,
I have the full set of SN and have tried several storage options. First I tried the layers of Snap-n-Store, but when coloring I had to lay out all three trays and it was hard to find the colors I wanted.

Then, I bought about 6 of the CC black zipper pouches. In at least three of them the zipper immediately broke, before I was putting markers in, right out of the package. While CC did replace them, 1 of the new ones broke. These are not going to stand up to use and since I can't see through them I have to open pouch after pouch to get what I'm looking for. I can put labels on the pouches, but there's value to being able to see all the colors.

Finally, I bought an ArtBin deep box with the dividers and for the moment, this seems like the best option. It fits all my markers with ample space left. I put all the markers on a single side of the case, divided it up and tried to group similar colors together and fill up each section. If you don't fill up the section, the marker slide all around and it's a mess. On the empty side I store my distress markers (too tall for regular storage), and the color charts from SN, TH, etc. If I were going to a crop, they'd be room for some ink pad or refill bottles.

If you have an AC Moore, the ArtBin box is on sale for $15; it's 50% off without a coupon or you can use a 50% coupon elsewhere.
Hope this helps,
Mob
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!