View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #31
Carol W
Rubber Obsessor

Glad to see that Gina popped in here to reiterate her stance on returning products to her company. As has been mentioned, GinaKDesigns is a CLASS company!

I have to add how much I agree with the comments on here about the illusion that certain vendors are our "friends" and we don't want to "hurt them." Indeed, there may be a small percentage of us who actually do know a certain *scrapcelebrity* or other, and they would feel sorry to have to give bad news to a friend (and I make a distinction between truly knowing someone well enough to be personal friends, as opposed to *feeling like we know them* because we read their blogs/view the family photos they share/comment on their posts/etc.)
But everyone else has a business relationship, not a personal relationship, with these people. As has been said, if you respect that person as a businesswoman, you hold her to the appropriate standard of professionalism. And in that sense, to expect appropriate correction for a faulty item is a compliment to her.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the personable approach that many vendors take, and their friendly communication and sharing bits of their personal lives. I enjoy *feeling like I know* certain scrapcelebrities. But I think it's important not to blur the line between business interactions and "stuff your friend does for you."

p.s.
There is a company I no longer patronize because they would alternately play the "we're a top-notch professional company, obsessed with detail" card and then the "but I'm your friend, you're hurting my feelings; I didn't make this mistake on purpose!" card -- in other words, intentionally (in my opinion) blurring the line I describe above. I sort of accepted the attitude for a while, but then the scale of the problems (and proportionately, the scale of the petulance) became just too big. There was also a systemic attitude in the company of not taking responsibility for problems. So I've sworn off them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!