View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #2568
stamplady_13
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
It was very good. I read it all yesterday. I have her new book Daring Greatly waitlisted at the library.

Something else from the book. Creativity is one of the things we need to practice to live a wholehearted life. She says that if creating is something we view as a luxury or something we do in our spare time it will never be cultivated.
another great thought! I've been quilting every night and I like feeling the progress. Usually I get one flower done per night (about an hour) but last night we put the kids to bed a half-hour early and I didn't hang out on the computer so I got 2 flowers done! It's not all that creative at this point but it is about finishing what I started (in about 1993) and concentrating on making stitches small and even. still lots of work to do there (and I need to learn how to do the rocker stitch..I think that will help. I need someone to show/coach me on that and my quilting aunts are all focused on my grandma...as they should be). I haven't scrapped or made cards in AGES.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!