SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
What is the Mix-Ability Challenge?
Welcome to the Mix-Ability Challenge! Our challenge is every Friday, beginning February 1, and we'd love for you to join us.
Our goal is to make mixed media simple and approachable, and to let you experiment using things you already have.
Here are our guiding principles.
This is a mixed media challenge, with the goal of teaching people how simple Mixed Media can be, and how you can get a range of looks with Mixed Media - Clean & Simple, Vintage, Modern, Abstract, Grunge and much more.
A "medium" can be any of the following:
- Pencils - wax, oil, watercolor, graphite/charcoal, chalk/pastel
- Pastels - chalk, oil
- Markers - watercolor, pigment, water-based, acrylic
- Pens - ink, glitter
- Pigments - Gelatos, watercolor crayons, metallic rubons
- Paints - watercolor, acrylic, oil, poster, tempera
- Inks - dye, chalk, distress, reinkers, pigment, hybrid
- Powders - mica, pigment, chalk
- Sprays & airbrushing
- Dimensionals - embossing paste, gesso, fabric, found items, papers (collage, piecing) & ephemera, foils
- Heated elements - encaustic wax, embossing
And a "mix" can be any two or more of these items or others.
We will post a stash shopping list for each challenge ahead of time, so that you know what you'll be working with each week.
See you soon!