View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #432
Susanne527
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks everyone. Tonight, Steve (Althea's husband) answered an email I sent to Althea over 2 weeks ago about when I could visit her...it was right before dinner tonight and I was just killin' some time-relaxing-checking me email. It was very direct and factual about how Althea passed away today at 10:00am this morning.

Not to sound too dramatic, but I barely finished reading the email, walked across the street and rang their bell. Steve answered the door, let me in and I said, "I just have to give you a hug!"...Open arms, he cried and I cried and he started to talk and walk...to their living room area where their boy's were half plugged into their computers with the TV on...I hugged both of them- saying this was very hard and I understand. Steve motioned to go into the kitchen--we talked, he told me that Althea wrote her own Obit...and they had family and friends planning a celebration-not a funeral mass/wake (open to the public-next Saturday so all her teacher friends can attend it) at our St. Joe's Parish church hall--...he talked more about the last minutes of Althea's life---got us both crying a bit...the phone rang...he answered it and I waved goodbye...I have his sister's #to help out this week--they are making bookmarks of Althea--so I will offer my laminating and die cutting machines to them ...I guess I am a face-to face hands on gal...I felt good about going over there-Steve was a basketcase (who could blame him)...but he said something so cute...He said, I knew you'd be here asking to help and here is my sisters #...awe... so sweet.

So thanks for hearing me out on this one--it's been a long 2 days here. They are very simple people-no frills and I always visited Althea in her pool area in summer--she'd be back there reading a book, tanning her legs in the sun--one time I brought Muddy after a long walk and he sat in the shade and hung out with us...(they are not dog people)...but it was Ok that day. This all happened so fast-I thought she would pull through this illness so I guess I am a lil' shocked myself.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!