View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #37
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa808 View Post
Here's a link to a video for converting PDFs to Cut Files. My husband made the video and helped me a lot when he got me the Silhouette Portrait.

Silhouette Portrait Cut with PDF files V2 - YouTube
Thanks! I have a Mac so some of this information was not applicable to me , but I watched the video and he offered a tip that helped me solve a problem I had.

I bought a file for a shaped card that was not from the Silhouette store. It came as a .jpg and I changed it to .gds and then it opened just fine in Silhouette. It has a main shape and several other components that need to be cut from different color paper. My "ungroup" icon was grayed out and I needed to ungroup the pieces.

I have been fiddling with this file for days and letting myself get crazy. I finally figured out . Yay!!
It is sort of a complicated work around, so I took detailed notes on how I did it in case I run into this situation again . Some one with more knowledge may have a simpler method, but at least my work around works

If anyone wants my notes just let me know.

I may try using the same file and convert it to a PDF and then figure out how to do what he did on a PC with my Mac

This is my first electronic cutter and I am not a computer techie

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-26-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!