View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
happigirlcorgi
Matboard Maniac

This was a great "ethical" question to pose and allow people to think and post about. Being new around these parts, but having papercrafted for years, I know that my "abilities" or "creativity" has grown through classes, seeing what others do, and being challenged. I know I have one card in my gallery that was directly inspired by someone here, and though I didn't remember the name, I did mention that I had been inspired by another stamper.
I guess to me, it's not like my stuff is copyrighted - I mean, I did not design the stamps, the ink pads, or the design paper... so how can I expect others not to create something similar? If I can inspire another, great. I see it as a compliment.
I think there is a definite difference between a direct copy (layout, colors, stamps) and CASE-ing a card in which you take the elements and make them your own.
I am basically an honest person, so if I were to enter a contest or sell a card that I had COPIED, I would try to give that person credit.
All of that being said, I can also understand the frustration of someone being copied after spending their own time designing something fantastic.
I guess it depends on what you want to spend your energy on.

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!