View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #425
Susanne527
Watercolor Wizard

Never trust social media -
Background Info:
My neighbor Althea had OV cancer. She's been living with it for less than 1.5 years. She lives directly across the street from our house and has been in/out of the hospital, had visiting nurses, friends visiting and so on. Her husband Steve gave me his cell # but said he could not promise we could visit because they had good and bad days and parts of good days would become bad real fast. Plus, they are extremely private people. So myself and neighbors have heed Steve's advice to not pop over for a visit. And, on the days where I have wanted to come visit (knowing I have a good stretch of time) she would not always be there.

This week there were not many cars in their drive way and they left their outside lights on day and night-so we knew something must be up.

Yesterday morning I got a call from another neighbor (Lisa) saying that it was announced on Facebook that Althea had passed. When I arrived home, I checked Althea's sons FB page and it said "There is another angel in heaven." So sweet-so sad. So, I called 2 other neighbors to let them know too. Very sad, we said a prayer for her and her family at dinner last night. As I was going to bed last night around midnight-Kala comes into our room and announces that Althea has NOT passed away!? I was very confused. She said she saw it on FB--her son said something...

This morning, our other neighbor calls here saying the same thing. They read through Althea's son's entire FB verbage and it appears that she has not passed away--even seeing the "Angel in Heaven" comment I had seen yesterday. I was very confused--telling them that Kala had said something last night and I was going to call them too.

They decided to call the Hospice House and ask to visit Althea. At that exact time, Althea had already passed and was gone for about a 1/2 hour.

I understand that their oldest son was extremely emotional-it must have been very hard for their family, but talk about an emotional roller coaster--it is like living through the shock of her passing twice...if I can say that? I read it with my own eyes--so did everyone...

I don't know why I shared this other than to let you all know I lost a friend (today)and I am still trying to get my head around this story behind it -it is like I lost her twice...so Peace to Althea...may her spirit live on.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!