View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #1126
trefoil
Pearl-ExPert

It's not just a ring. It's a symbol of your marriage, from the love and positive outlook you had during the engagement, to the hurt and betrayal of the ending of the marriage. It's been a part of your life for a long time. It's okay to have mixed feelings about taking it off. It's also okay if you want to keep it on; it's your ring!

I took mine off when we originally separated. I don't remember what my reasoning was, but I suspect it was symbolic of me emotionally separating from him as well. I sold the ring shortly after the divorce was finalized. I didn't get much for it, but at that point, I figured that the money was worth more to me than the ring. I loved the ring (the look of it, not the emotional baggage that it had acquired), but at the same time, it was just going to symbolize something negative for me, so I wanted to send the diamond back out into the world and hope that it be a part of a happier story in the future.

Do you have any idea how long it will take for your divorce to be finalized? That limbo period can be hard. *hugs*