View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #165
dhayes1
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi*S View Post
Deb, beleive me when I say that I am NOT computer savy either. LOL. I really don't know much about the machine I just keep seeing them on posts here and there. The only place I know of to purchase one is Amazon (because they are the "Walmart" of cyber space).

The SVG file is what's called a "vector" file whatever THAT is. In any case, and very basically speaking, it will turn clip art and fonts into die cuts and then with a USB cable connected to a die cutting machine, you can cut them out.

There was a program called SCAL ~ Sure Cuts A Lot ~ that you could, through your computer have it "talk" to your Cricut and it would do the same thing. Only Provo Craft shut that down fairly quickly.

If you are interested I'm SURE You Tube has all sorts of info on it.
I did look some up on YT, the first one that I saw scared me off a bit. but I watched a couple others, I guess it don't look to bad, probably allot more economical in the long run but with what I have invested in the cricut, and I had the gypsy, I sure liked that it was so easy to take that with you and work on things

I have been out of touch with the crafting world for quite a while, there are allot of things I need to get up to speed on