View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #9
shazsilverwolf
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom View Post
I agree!!!! It is paper and ink, not worth getting upset about. There are some that will disagree, and that's fine, I certainly don't want to speak for everyone but for me, I agree, I could sell my cards on ebay or etsy if I wanted to. I look at it this way, if you never want someone to copy your design, don't put it on the internet, don't teach a class, and heck don't give it to anyone else, because they might do either of those!!!!
Absolutely agree! If someone copies a design you made, its a compliment, I feel. Even if they use exactly the same products, your work was the inspiration behind it. And really, if you take, for instance, the one layer card, or CAS- there is a certainty that quite a number will look very similar.
I think the only time people would get really upset was if someone copied their design, then entered it for a competition as entirely their own, without credit to the original, or the inspiration behind it. As for copying a layout? There are surely only a finite number of permutations that can develop, and anyway you can't hold copyright on having say, one image stamped on the left, and a sentiment along the bottom, so I don't see why you could not use a layout exactly as you saw it.
Thats my take on it, anyway.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 01-26-2013 at 04:38 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!