View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #63
Waltzingmouse
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjj View Post
I am in the same boat!! i have had nothing to do with die cutting machines and have bought a silhoutte and i am totally lost. one of the problems i am having is the card stock 'tearing' when it is cutting. i have adjusted blade depth but still no luck!! I was so excited about getting this machine but that excitement has quickly turned into frustration and disappointment. Looked at several you tube vids, but they all seem to be aimed at people who have experience with cutting machines. I haven't come across anything that explains what and how to use the designs..Oh i could go on forever...anyone out there that can help???
Just throwing my tuppence worth in here - I am not very experienced by any means, but I have found that another thing that can result in paper tearing is the quality of the paper itself - a nice short-fiber dense card like Gina K goes through it like butter, but if I put a cheaper long-fiber card through it will pretty much be guaranteed to tear...one to bear in mind - not all card is created equal!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!