View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #44
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzytobi View Post
I teach a lot of card classes at my LSS and was shocked to find a lady who took one of my classes sell the cards she made in my class at a garage sale along with her own cards. I WAS P-O'd. Like, a lot! I designed them, I prepped all of the materials, I taught the class... I guess she made the cards herself, and she technically owned them, but they were my intellectual property and the designs were protected under the copyright regulations at my LSS. I didn't say anything because I am an employee of the store and it would probably make things awkward for her and I in the future, but come on... That wasn't ok.
So I have a Bucilla Felt Tree Skirt kit. It is all marked out. Everything is in the kit. Just cut and glue. Bucilla have "done all the work and are protected under copyright" however, I still have the right to sell it either as is or upon completion. What's the difference?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!