View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #79
Phantom
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janbin View Post
The technique that always frustrates me is probably an older one - you use 3 different re-inkers and a baby wipe. Drip 2 or 3 spots of each re-inker onto the wipe - the colours should run into each other and make a unique "stamp pad". I learned to do this at a workshop - ordered the re-inkers and the stamps we used - and have NEVER been able to reproduce those results - it always ends up being a blotchy, yucky mess.
I remember this technique! Called the baby wipe technique? I did try it several times and have a few samples in my gallery - from way back in 2008 (this one is my favorite). I wish it was more fresh in my mind so I could offer some good tips, but this is what I remember.

In the description for the one linked above, I actually had a sheet of glossy paper under the baby wipe and then used that as the ink pad.

What I do remember very clearly is that I did not drop the ink onto the wipe randomly. I looked at the stamp as I did it and to some extent put the colors where I wanted them.

I think it also helped to find baby wipes without a pattern on them and very little texture. And I used the technique with regular cardstock - I think this one was SU's natural confetti.

And I know I used two layers of baby wipes and put them on a plastic bag (when I didn't accidentally put them on glossy cardstock ) - that way the ink couldn't soak through and more was available for the stamp.

Hope that might help. Thanks for reminding me of this fun technique. It works better with more silhouette-style stamps so I'll have to pull some out and try it again.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!