View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #75
Kathy LeDonne
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I have to say, I've been stamping for 25 years and tried many techniques. Soot stamping has never worked for me. I can never get enough soot no matter what I try. I like the look when others do it, but not enough to make myself crazy. Then there was a technique on the forums here using Oxi Clean (which I bought a huge container of to use) and that came out sucky. Never was sure what I did wrong, so I was uncertain what to change if I tried it again. I probably should since I don't know what else to use that container for. Also I have trouble with any card that requires lots of measuring and cutting, so most of my cards are simple A-6 cards. I am good at most coloring technique, but watercolor is not a stong medium for me. My watercolor attemps look like they were done by a five year old.

Now for hint: My best hint is for blender pens with pastels or ink pads. Stamp your image and then use a matt paper fixative spray to spray the paper. Let this dry and then use your blender pens. It gives a smooth surface that allows the markers, pads and pastels to float and blend beautifully without the paper pilling.

Come check out my Gallery and leave a comment!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!