View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #107
dhayes1
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by libreeder@aol.com View Post
Hope everyone had a good weekend and great MLK day. In addition to swaps, I am finishing a small quilt; I just have to finish the binding which I am sewing by hand. It's perfect weather to stay inside and sew.

We had lots of snow this weekend so went out with our Siberian Husky on our antique dog sled. He's strong enough to pull me for short spurts. It was lots of fun.

Madonna
LOL,

Here it's been rather warm, low 80's for the past few days, an will be for the rest of the week, it should cool down to low 70's high 60's this weekend, I broke out the capris and flip flops yesterday---what the heck this is mid Jan!!!

That does sound like fun with the dog, we had a husky yrs ago he was actually he husbands dog he was about 3 or 4 when I came into the picture, we took the dog up to the highschool down the street from the house so he could run and play in the snow, LITTLE did I know, when you clipped the end of the leash to the (handle) loop THEN it was time to play. WELLLLLLL, I did that he was running behind me, he heard the metal clip click and it was on.... he came running at me (mind you I didn't see any of this happening and it happened so fast) I was at the top of a hill, he took one last leap and grabbed the leash in his mouth, down the hill we went, I didn't know this dog very well and he was having a ball pulling me head first down the hill, and did it dawn on me to let go of the leash-------NO!...the husband (bf at the time ) yelling down the hill -- let gooooooo of the leeeeeeash.