Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for Alternative to Versafine Smokey Grey

I'm looking for a grey ink pad for wedding invitations using a fine image of the Chicago Skyline. I had used a Versafine Onyx that worked well and was looking for a Versafine in Grey, but if anyone has another idea that might be more readily available in stores without having to order online I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

To be honest, for a fine detail stamp, I really would go with the Versafine Smoky Grey. Versafine does such a great job with detailed images, you may not get the same clarity with another ink.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks! That was really what I had concluded, but I'm here in Chicago and was hoping I might find something else that would work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I know what you mean, I'm in the UK, nowhere near a good craft shop, so probably 95% of my craft shopping is online.
The trouble is , inks vary so much, I find. There are a lot of greys about, but don't all give the same clear results- and as its Wedding Invitations, you will be annoyed with yourself after if you didn't get the perfect image, am I right? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are very right! I'm doing them for my niece and really want them to be what she's envisioning. I was so flattered when she asked me to do them. I've made lots of things for her &her sisters over the years & never felt very appreciated so it was especially nice to hear that she'd told my sister "Aunt Gail's cards are better than any of these!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

It's especially nice to get a compliment on your work,'on the grapevine', so to speak. You know it is truly meant that way, rather than it was the automatic thing to say to your face. It is a little bit scary when you are trying to achieve someone else's vision- you are hoping what you see in your head is the same as they see in theirs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thankfully I got to work with them directly at Christmas time. She wants something elegant, but urban. Very interesting! I'm going with a flourish from Baroque Motifs in her pink (probably Blushing Bride) some spatter in Baja Breeze (her other color) and the Chicago skyline stamp in the grey-her main color. She's still on the fence about using a Baja or Grey base for the card so I'll send samples of both once I get the ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

I remember you mentioning those invitations a while back, Gail. I'll be interested to see what you come up with - sounds great. Have you had snow - we met someone from Indiana who's over here volunteering for the next few months, and he said he'd had snow before he left, which was just last week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

We've had very little snow this winter Sabrina which is quite unusual and unfortunate as we're still in drought conditions and the farmers count on the snow fall to make up for some of the lack. Areas north of us got lake effect snow on Monday night, when I was riding home with my DD and SIL from visiting my mom! We ended up having to pull off the road because we were sliding all over the place, but when we got about 20 miles from home there was absolutely nothing in the way of snow.
I'm ordering my ink today and really need to get hopping on the invites. She wants to mail them at the end of February and I still have to order the paper and ribbon from SU also (I was waiting for sell-a-bration time so I could earn extra goodies ;) ) I'll be sure to post pictures when I have the design finished. I got a great skyline stamp from Viva Las Vegas that both Rebecca and I really liked. I got advise on that purchase from fellow splitcoasters as well! Such a great community we have here!
Reply With Quote Likes