View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #49
stamphappy1650
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiz2003 View Post
What a great thread.. I kept looking for the "like" button on each and every post. In 5 years of trying and one of my very first techniques was using the color box tool on glossy - Stampscape style. On and off for 5 years I have tried but my success rate is near zero. After several attempts I may get a monochromatic tone on a one stamp scene. If I try composition and multi colors- well- it's not going to happen. Kudos to those who can do it. Maybe some day I will.
I tried for years to work with the color box tool and I finally sold the handles and sponges as I could never get it right. Now I use a stipple brush and I have so much more control. I also like using the round tan sponges (I cut into four pieces).

What I've found with most techniques is just how much am I willing to practice before this technique is not worth it for me. When I started stamping I had no art/craft experience and I've spent hours learning how to use pencils, markers, watercolor, etc. I teach a monthly papercrafting class and I tell my class that they can't expect to get perfect results unless they want to practice when it comes to some of the techniques but once you figure out what works for you, it's so much fun.