View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
Kathlyn47
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karjor View Post
I use the sandwich containers too, and I take a white plastic spoon, heat the handle end with my heat gun until it softens, and turn it under to make a little stand. It fits easily in container, and stands up so I have something to grab on to when I am lifting it out, so I don't have to get EP all over my fingers. One in each container, no muss no fuss. I hope my description makes sense.
I really liked and followed the bent spoon instructions that karjar suggested and it worked, but I had some problems with the heat and the bending and then the powder particles adhered to the plastic. So I thought I would share this idea.

This past week I was "touring" every aisle in Sam's with a girlfriend and saw an item that turned a light bulb on in my brain. In the commercial kitchen equipment section they had a package of 36 stainless steel spoons for $5.97. So I bought the package and had my DH bend the spoons to fit my plastic containers, then I washed them in the dishwasher. Perfection! The spoons are cheap, cheap ,cheap, soooooooo easy to bend and the powder particles do not adhere to the stainless.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!