View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #724
muscrat
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Ladies!! Yay! I am your hostess this week and I hope you have fun with my challenge. This week I would like you toÖ..make a designer envelope. What I mean by designer is that you use pretty paper or stamp your paper, donít just leave it white. I would like to see any size, any design envelope you would care to make. It can be one that must be hand delivered or make one that can be sent in the mail. You can show off some pretty designer paper or a new stamp set youíd like to use. You can use a tutorial, create your own design, or use your scoreboard.

Now, I have more good news. You can earn 2 extra points if you make a card to match that envelope!! Remember, it can be any size and there is no wrong way to make an envelope as long as it works for you! My sample was done using the Diagonal Score Plate from SU!

Please use keyword YCDI3 for this round and remember we do NOT use a dash/hyphen in the keyword. I canít wait to see what you create!

Here is my first sample Here it is with flap open.

Here are a few tutorials:

Dawn's Tutorial using the Diagonal Score Plate from SU
Tutorial using the Martha Stewart Scoreboard
Here's one made with no special tools. Although I would recommend using a ruler instead of the freehand drawing at the edges.
This lady has a lot of templates on her blog. OH MY, you have to read that whole first page. She has all kinds of envelopes! Even fabric envelopes!!
Winners Post

Last edited by muscrat; 01-20-2013 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: adding links to tutorials
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!