View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #2869
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
The instrument place is one of those rare businesses that is small and family owned and you feel like you get to know the people and they get to know you. We've been dealing with them since we bought Clari.. so I guess that's 5.5 years. There's Steve, who does most of the repair work, Anna the receptionist/billing manager, and Allen, the owner/salesman/delivery guy. Allen is the son & nephew of the two brothers who started the business.

I actually felt like we were cheating on them when we bought Phoebe from a larger store in the DC area. Because the local store is pretty small they don't carry a lot of inventory. ODS had tried out the two intermediate clarinets the local store had in stock at the time and just didn't feel good about either one of them, so we went to the bigger store that his band teacher had suggested to us.

We talked to Allen Monday when we took Phoebe there. He said he remembered seeing me in the store before, and he'd seen ODS at school (he goes to our middle & high schools each Tuesday to pick up any instruments for repairs and drop off any fixed ones or new purchases), but he hadn't realized we were the same family. Then he started talking about another family from our school who he said it took him a long time to realize the daughter and mother were related. It was just kinda funny.

But anyway, yeah, it's a pretty nice little business to work with.

Another plus if ODS goes to JMU is that he'll be about 5-10 minutes away from there if any of his instruments need work. If he goes to a different college, he'd have to find a place in that area.
Sounds like our area. There's a small local music place that suffices for most of the kids' school lessons. But there's a larger place about a 20 minute drive north of here, and you generally end up there if you get more serious.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!