View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #2855
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
I have to admit I gave a mental fist bump to the director of the high school band. He had the students arranged so that first chair flute, first chair B-flat clarinet, first chair french horn, and first chair trumpet were the closest of their instruments to the front of the stage. I don't know all the students well enough to know where first chair trombone, tuba, and bass clarinet were. But with the alto sax players, he had the last chair closest to the front, and then the second to the last chair, and on toward the back of the stage. And because percussion switches around between mallets, snare, timpani, cymbals, wind chimes, and anything else needed, the "chair" notation is kind of irrelevant.

First chair flute was our band uniform chair mom's DD - a super sweet girl who was given a solo and she rocked it. First chair french horn was also from our school, and ODS was 2nd chair B-flat clarinet but we still had a good view of him. I don't really know the first chair trumpet player because he goes to another school, but he was drum major of his school's marching band, so I was able to recognize him after seeing him at band competitions.

First chair alto sax was the kid I've referred to as Lord Farquaad.
Sounds like it was a great concert!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!