View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #1868
pcousins13
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
I teach a couple of computer classes. One is Basic while the other a bit more advanced. There are a few online tutorial or typing games you can play for free. The one I find most useful is typinggame.net. Try that one, if you'd like. It gives lessons, allows you to practice for speed and accuracy and it allows you to play games. There is also a program you can purchase that has some really cool games etc as well. It is called Mavis Beacon. I think it costs less than $30 American. The bottom line is to keep practicing and the speed and accuracy will come. I have students who start with 2-3 words a minute and in a few weeks (we meet 6 hours per week M&W for 3 hours for a total of 30 hours) they are up to 20 or so or more. Many of them do not practice outside of class as they do not have internet service.
Thanks for the link! I'll check it out!

I'm using a free online tutor at home... Learn to Type | Free Typing Tutor | Typing Course Its really nice because you log in and it monitors your progress. Plus, when you go back there it will start uo where you left off. I just finished the beginners courses and now I'm moving on to the intermediate. I did go from 18 words/minute at the start to 28 words/minute! I need 30 words/minute in April to pass the course. I'm sure I will get it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!