View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #12
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry107 View Post
I sure do miss the OLD Criciut Message boards---don't see many on the new one-just isn't the same..plus looks like alot are now going to the Silhoutte! Sad-with all the $$ I have invested... But I do LOVE my Gypsy. I have tried CCR-and probably with some practice it will be ok-except..... since I have most carts loaded on my G-I can't load them on CCR-grrrrr!!!! Sooo what's the point!!??
I miss the old board too. I won't go over to the new board. I still have friends over there who I talk to almost daily.

I went through a lot last year in my personal life but I was also at that time trying to downsize my cutters. I have a lot of cutters. I test, rebuild and modify out various die cutters. This year I have one cutter on my desk. I have the Cricut. She's my little workhorse. I always trust her. I am using it with MTC. I have got it to work with MTC & CCR. My DH rebuilt my Cricut to cut more precise. I do have a modded out machine. I did nothing to the software though. The older Cricut's were built as a mid-level Roland machine so they are easier to modify. A lot of geeks were buying Cricut's just to do that. The newer Cricut's I don't even want to bother to modify it.

The new Silhouette I really thought it was a nice machine when it came out. I loved my old Silhouette machines. I have completely fallen out of love with the new Silhouette. I wish I had my old machines back. Cameo is not the machine for me. I always hate to say bad things about the Cameo because I know how many love the machine. My complaints are due to geekness and not crafting.

The Gypsy (GRRRRRRR) The one crafting item I do regret buying. It is great but the unlinking cartridge thing has me seeing red. I never would have bought it if I couldn't unlink my cartridges. When I asked when we could unlink our cartridges one of the old Admin's actually gave me a date for unlinking. That was my first mistake to believe an Admin and not somebody from IT. I am lucky my DH was able to mod out my Gypsy too, lol.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!