View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #1848
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I'm done with the typing tutor for today! That is one class that I am really struggling with. I can type...just not the "proper" way that they want. At least I have all the letters down and what finger is supposed to hit it. I make some mistakes, though. I really need to get my speed up. The at home typing tutor is helping a lot though!!!
I teach a couple of computer classes. One is Basic while the other a bit more advanced. There are a few online tutorial or typing games you can play for free. The one I find most useful is typinggame.net. Try that one, if you'd like. It gives lessons, allows you to practice for speed and accuracy and it allows you to play games. There is also a program you can purchase that has some really cool games etc as well. It is called Mavis Beacon. I think it costs less than $30 American. The bottom line is to keep practicing and the speed and accuracy will come. I have students who start with 2-3 words a minute and in a few weeks (we meet 6 hours per week M&W for 3 hours for a total of 30 hours) they are up to 20 or so or more. Many of them do not practice outside of class as they do not have internet service.