View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
CluelesslyCreative
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
I have been in a quandry about coloring. I don't have too many outline stamps, and I avoid them because I can't settle on a technique. I can't use Copics or any alcohol based markers, I can't get the look I want with Prismas because I can't use Gamsol and all my attempts at using baby oil have been less than stellar. I have some water based markers (some SU and some Distress) and I find they streak. I have tried painting with my Distress Inks, but unless I use watercolor paper it doesn't work well, and I sometimes have a hard time getting a good outline stamp on WC paper.

It's a conundrum. And it annoys me. I need to have a reliable coloring method and I can't seem to find one.
Really?! I love coloring with Copics, however you need about 3 shades for each color to blend. For Prismacolor I use regular mineral spirits and it works fine. I understand what you mean about water-based markers. They really tear your paper the more you try to blend. May I ask how many Copics you own? I know they are quite expensive, so I don't own to many. Also, have you tried Spectrum Noir or Prismacolor markers. I hear they are about the same, except for more blending. Hope you can find something! Coloring is what I do the most.

God Bless!
God Bless! Philippians 4:13
You can't spell Earth without "ART" well you can, but then it's just "EH. My (very small) Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!