Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #2789
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Naughty!

How have you two been doing?
Hanging in there.

Dh seems to be doing okay. His "tumor friend" took him out today for brunch and a visit to the salvage yard (dh had a dryer to dispose of). Then friend took him to pick up free food at all the places he knows.

Ended up with more rice, more macaroni, more bread--all the things to help me maintain my voluptuous figure!

Oh, and three HUGE bags of chips and a five lb can of green beans. We will gift our neighbor with the green beans as her church makes soup several times a year.

There was lots of other stuff, but too numerous to list. Just thought I'd tell you about all the "healthy" food offered to the poor. One time we ended up with 16--yes--sixteen! lbs (pounds!!!) of spaghetti pasta! (We gifted it to other family members.)

With that said, I'm bothered by receiving all these free things. For one, we aren't in dire straights--yet--and I don't want to take away from someone who might need it. For another, it makes me feel guilty for accepting it, but "tumor friend" wants to help and this is his way of doing it.

Sometimes I feel like we're on a social carousel. People call. They visit. More calls. More visits. And in between--doctor appts.

It's nice to be loved.

From a distance! (Just kidding.)

Rainsong